Skip to main content

On the ???? days of Christmas.....

Okay, Okay! I have missed a few days! So, I'll just give you the highlights okay?!
First, I accidentally left my camera behind along with my facial cleanser and body wash so no pics to share. Let's see... well this past weekend, the 10th, 11th, & 12th I spent the weekend out of town with my sweetheart for the first time in ????? After I found my way to the hotel after taking a very wrong turn, We went out to dinner with some really long time friends and so enjoyed their company :) We, of course did some Christmas shopping and we were very successful at that! We were in much dire need of some time just for us. I am so thankful we were able to do this at this time. Really, It was so very needed.  Okay... so yesterday, Monday, I spent the day and most of the night playing catch up! Catch up on laundry, cleaning, you tubing, (didn't get much of that done), moving furniture for todays task at hand... Hubby is having wood floors installed today and Wednesday in a couple rooms downstairs! What a mess! My dining room is packed with furniture from the living room and our 12 foot Christmas tree stands stuck in the corner of the foyer awaiting to be adorned!! So, the guys are downstairs making so much racket I can hardly think! lol! Our downstairs heating unit went out on us around 7:00 or so last night, so that poor fellow is out in the windy cold trying to get that working again! And this morning the city was flushing the water lines... at least evrything is going on and hopefully getting done in this one day!! Oh! and it snowed most of the day!! So pretty.
I have been trying to get a little Christmas mini album kit up on you tube, I might just do the picture thing! lol!! Okay! Well! I hope everyone is having as exciting a holiday season as we are here at the Lane house!!
Stay warm and safe!
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasmine's Sock Monkey All Dressed Up!

This is the sock monkey I had Lynn of "Handmade Creations by Lynn", to make for my granddaughter. I made a flower for her head and a cute tu-tu for her to wear. I love how she has turned out :o) I think Jasmine will love her too don't ya think?!
Happy Creating!
xoxo:)
Julie

I Am American and this is My Country!

I believe in my heart that the anger and revolt that people are voicing in the social media groups, in protest marches, in truly very small ways are simply trying to convey as do I the words that here to follow. Though extremely simple, I believe it is how most of us truly feel.
My heart feels such great sadness and such heaviness to see this country, the place that I have called home for all of my life, turn into a place that I can barely recognize any more. Considering that true, honest, hard working, Americans have sacrificed so very much for the freedoms that we see being taken from us by our own government, no less, on a daily basis. And with each new election of government offices we find ourselves governed by those who work against the further building of this once great, unified nation, but rather they only seek to tear down all that is good, and honorable. Stomping under their own feet the blood, sweat, agonizing tears of loss that help to build this country to the great nat…

“Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition"

This sweet li'l 4x4 mini album is made using Graphic 45's "Once Upon A Spring Time" paper line. Find more detail on this project Here.


This is a special 4x4 mini album I made to sell. Special because I designed a holder for it to sit in with velvet jingle bells for the feet! You will find more about this project HERE. 

This is my very first completed Family Recipe Album! The papers are by "Webster's Pages". Although it was a bit of a challenge, I created this stand for it to sit in on my kitchen desk top. I just luv the mason jar tag I created especially for this mini. You will find more details on this project here.




I created the adorable Christmas album below as a gift for my sister. I was so pleased how it turned out for her. I  used Basic Grey's Jovial paper line and stickers.  It contains some of my own hand drawn designs in it such as the snowman with the red top hat on and the snowman peeking from behind the santa pocket with felt accents on his…